(This post contains affiliate links, which means that if you click on a link to the Merchant’s site and purchase something I may earn a commission.The price you pay will be the same if you went to the Merchant’s site directly.)
Are you a parent? A school teacher? Coach? Someone who others look up to? Maybe a manager in a company? Or are you in charge of a project? What do all of these situations have in common?
If you do any of the above you are a leader. You know how to take charge. Problem solving is second nature to you. I have created this website for you. I want to show you how you can use Affiliate Marketing to create a growing stream of passive income using your computer, working part time from home.
Does having more month at the end of the money feel familiar to you? Wouldn’t it be great to have an extra $200, $500 or even $1000 or more every week?
Of course, you would. At the moment you can’t see how you can do that easily and in the time you have. The only options you can possibly consider is to get a second job; change to a higher paying job; or win the lottery!
Somehow I do not think any of these options make sense to you. And the lottery? I threw that in as a lame joke! Pardon my warped sense of humor.
But there IS an option! – Affiliate Marketing
Affiliate Marketing is a way you can add more income to your life working part-time at home on your computer, or anywhere using your phone or iPad.
What is Affiliate Marketing and how to get started?
This question will be answered by this article. It isn’t very long. So put aside anything else you are doing for the next few minutes to read this post. Make sure you read this till the very end as I have something special for you.
What is Affiliate Marketing? In a nutshell, you make money by promoting products and services you do not own.
I’d like to show you how, using the diagram below.
Although this diagram is self-explanatory I wish to elaborate on each of these steps in the comments below:
1 – The Customer
2 – Your Site
Often, these websites will be from Affiliate Marketers who have researched the product and provide reviews and feedback on their websites to help you make an informed decision. They are affiliates’ of the companies who stock or offer these products for sale.
Your website is NOT a storefront. The affiliate companies where your customers go to are storefronts. You use your website to focus only on the products that fall within your passion. There are many affiliate companies that offer these products for sale. It is your delightful action to find those companies and sign affiliate agreements with them. This does not cost anything. When you discuss these products in your blog posts. you place banners with links to these companies, often that land on the page where these products are offered for sale.
You sign an agreement with each of these companies who in turn provide you with affiliate links that you can post on your website using script or banners. When any individual searching for a product you wrote about lands on your website and clicks these links to make a purchase, they are transported to the site of the vendor. They become your customer.
3 – Customer Buys Product
The actual sale takes place at the vendor’s website. Payment for the product, shipping, warranty agreements and handling of returns are all handled by the vendor. The vendor is automatically informed which affiliate was responsible for the sale through the unique affiliate number.
Often, the vendor will provide the affiliate banners and other marketing materials to help make the sale. The customer pays the exact same price purchasing through an affiliate compared to going directly to the vendor’s site to make that purchase.
Many thousands of vendor’s offer affiliate programs. The above graphic shows a short list of some of these companies. It benefits them by having an army of freelance marketers promote their products And if benefits the affiliate by enabling them to earn commissions for each sale made through their website.
In addition to these companies, there are Affiliate Marketplaces who host smaller companies. I will go into more detail on this approach later. Some of these Affiliate Marketplaces are Clickbank, Awin, Shopify and CJ Affiliate. I shall be providing reviews of many of the top Affiliate Marketplaces in future posts.
4 – You Make Money!
The Affiliate company sends you a check or makes a direct deposit to your bank account or other third party entities when you accumulate a minimum commission amount, usually $50. Payments are made on a fixed day in a month when commissions exceed the minimum amount.
There is no limit to the number of affiliate companies or marketplaces an Affiliate Marketer can have an agreement with.
- Low cost of entry – Affiliate Companies with rare exceptions do not charge Affiliate Partners any fee
- Can be accomplished working part-time
- Someone else takes care of billing, fulfillment, warranty and returns
- The only resources you need you probably already have – a computer and Internet connection
- You create your own work schedule. It could be literally any time of the day or night.
- When you work at home, you can stay in your PJ’s.
- You are not stuck at any one location to conduct business. It is mobile.
- Your commissions are deposited directly into your bank account from your affiliate companies.
- You can create multiple income streams one after the other over time.
- Once you have an income earning website, it is easily scalable to create income growth
- There is an extensive learning curve to create a successful Affiliate Marketing website
- Discipline and focus is essential to be successful
- Since the learning curve takes time, patience and staying power is necessary
- You need to discover your passion and market products that fall within that interest
- Successful affiliate marketing requires that you focus on a niche within your passion
This in a nutshell explains what Affiliate Marketing is. However, the next question is how to get started!
How To Get Started – 4 Step Process
This whole process can be a lot of FUN! Unlike a job where you are working to make a corporation or someone else wealthy, here you work on a project to reward yourself. What can be more fun than doing something you like to give you financial freedom?
Let’s look at this 4 – Step process in more detail.
Step 1 – Choose An Interest
What are you most passionate about? Think about when you were a kid and had dreams about your future.
If you had all the money you needed and didn’t need a job, what would you enjoy doing the most?
Can you think of any hobbies you really enjoy doing?
As you are thinking about these interests, jot them down. Do not limit yourself. Think of this as a brain storming session. Discuss this with family members or loved ones and get their input!
After thinking BIG you need to narrow your interest down to a product category that falls within your interest. It could be any of the following in this short list just to give you some ideas:
- Hi Tech Gadgets
- Convenience Products
- Health and Fitness
- Beauty Products
- Specialty Foods
- Financial Products
- Nutritional Supplements
- CBD Oil For Pain Alleviation
- Arts and Crafts
I could go on and on. I think you get the idea. The range of choices is in fact limitless!
Whatever you choose, make sure you like it so much you are willing to write a lot about it when you create content for your website.
For more tips on how to find an interest niche that is right for you click on the image above.
Step 2 – Build A Website
There was a time when you needed to know HTML code to create a website. Not anymore! Want to see how a basic website can be built in about 30 seconds? Click the image below to see how!
How would you like to create a website for free right now? Check out the following:
This is a good time to tell you where I got the help to do all of this. I joined an Internet Marketing training company called Wealthy Affiliate. You can also join for free to check out how you can learn to become an expert at building websites. The platform of choice is WordPress that is used by over 30% of all published websites in the world.
I wrote an article specifically on, “How to create a website for Affiliate Marketing”. Bookmark this link and check it out after you read this post. Once you build your website, click this link to learn how to create a Blog in WordPress.
Step 3 – Attract Visitors
This is a multi pronged approach. It all begins with creating your website. We already discussed the mechanics of creating your website above. Let’s now look at the elements within your website that play a huge role in attracting visitors.
- Start of by choosing an interest. In Affiliate Marketing its narrowing your interest down to a niche. We talked about this in Step 1 above.
- The next step is to build your website. Before you can do this you need to purchase a Domain Name. The domain name for this website of mine is: affiliatemarketingforleaders. I was able to secure a .com suffix. I strongly suggest you find a domain name that has it available in .com. The next alternative would be .org. I would not use any of the others offered. I was able to purchase the domain name of affiliatemarketingforleaders.com for only $13.99 for a year at Wealthy Affiliate.
- Create a series of blog posts that have high traffic, low competition keywords for their titles. In Wealthy Affiliate we are taught how to find these using the free tools within the platform. When you are looking for something in Google you type in a phrase into the search window. That is what is known as a keyword even though it is often a phrase. This is called Content Marketing. Click this link to learn more.
- You need to learn how to use Search Engine Optimization effectively. This is taught extensively in the training provided by Wealthy Affiliate. The whole idea is to not only attract traffic, but the right kind of traffic of potential customers. Google Search Console is a free tool you can use to help accelerate getting your posts indexed by Google. Wealthy Affiliate teaches you how to do this.
- As you begin to get a growing stream of traffic, it is important to analyze your traffic to make sure you are on the right track. Google Analytics enables you to see the size of your traffic as well as where they are coming from, the age of your visitors and how the numbers match on a daily, weekly or monthly basis. There is much more you can track using this free Google tool. Once again, Wealthy Affiliate has lessons and recorded webinars on how to use this tool effectively.
Step 4 – Earn Revenue
Isn’t this what you are aiming for? To get paid for all your hard work. Affiliate Marketing is NOT a get-rich-quick business. If you need to earn money right now, there are other avenues you can pursue. Like offering services online where you get paid for doing stuff for people. But this is not passive income.
You earn revenue when visitors to your site click your affiliate links and make a purchase from your Affiliate company. It takes a while to do this right. Wealthy Affiliate has taught almost 2,000,000 entrepreneurs since they started 14 years ago. They have created a formula for success. When you follow the training and implement the lessons learned promptly, success starts very soon.
Like getting indexed by Google, Bing and Yahoo search engines. Then getting ranked on the first pages. After this momentum grows with each new post you add to your website, your income starts to grow too.
There are many ways you can learn to do affiliate marketing. I am just one individual who is offering you an invitation to check out my in depth review of Wealthy Affiliate. Here you will find an all service platform that will help you become an expert in Affiliate Marketing.
I tried many other companies and spent a fortune. It was too late when I discovered I got trapped in a money pit and lost a lot of money. I ended up cancelling my accounts before they totally took away all my money in the guise of training me.
Then I found Wealthy Affiliate! Finally a company that didn’t want my money to show me what they offered. So I joined for free first before upgrading to Premium. And you can too.
I wrote an in depth article on Wealthy Affiliate using diagrams and charts from their platform. In this way you can see what I am talking about without having to join first. Click the banner below to get to my article.
If you wish to skip my review and join for free, you can do that too! In this way you will be able to experience the benefits immediately. This is by far the best way to get started. Not only will you get training, but see first hand all the valuable tools and mentorship that is part of this amazing platform.
You will be able to see success happening right before your eyes. And a stream of new members joining by the hour!
The following table shows you everything you get as a starter member compared to a paid member. You have already seen the true value of what you get here in the sections above.
You can remain a starter member for free as long as you wish. When you are ready to take the next step and experience ALL the training and benefits, you can upgrade to PREMIUM any time. The cost is $49 a month.
Or if you prefer the annual membership fee of $359, the cost works out to less than $1 a DAY! There are no up sells like I experienced with those other companies. I couldn’t believe the tremendous value I had for the picking.
And I will be on the other side to guide you along your success journey!