Since you arrived at this page I assume you know what Affiliate Marketing is. I wanted to ensure we are on the same page, so let me answer the question how easy is affiliate marketing? Secrets revealed!
Affiliate Marketing is a process where you become an affiliate marketer for a company. You drive customers to them through blogs in your website using a unique link the company provides you. When a customer makes a purchase, the sale is recorded as yours, and you receive a commission.
Most major company’s as well as many smaller ones use this method to increase sales. This article will unlock the secrets on how to do this successfully.
Why Do You Want To Become An Affiliate Marketer?
Firstly, it is very important to know why do you want to become an affiliate marketer.
- Is it to supplement the income from your day job?
- Do you have a goal to eventually replace your day job earning passive income?
- Do you want to finance a family project or pay for your child s higher education?
- What level of income are you aiming for?
There could be other reasons specific to your needs. Write them down.
Life can take on a whole different meaning when you do not have to work for someone else. How would you like to live your own destiny?
Decide how much you want to earn and have a system in place to hit the income targets you set, at a schedule you choose.
It is liberating replacing a job, with a money making activity that you are passionate about. You become your own boss!
Words Of Warning
Affiliate Marketing is not a route to get-rich-quick. Or even a reason to quit your day job right away. But done correctly, you will be able to quit your day job in time. Many have done so. And many are doing that right now. How soon you will be able to, will depend on several factors under your control.
If your WHY is OFF THE CHARTS, you will be able to answer all the following questions with a BIG YES!
If you answered NO to any one of these questions, then you know what to do.
- Are you willing to learn what is necessary?
- Are you willing to put into practice what you learn?
- Are you willing to apply the sweat equity necessary to succeed?
- Are you willing to put some of your money on the line even if it is really small as you will see?
I know what it feels like to not work for a boss. And you should too. In my opinion Affiliate Marketing is the best vehicle to achieve these worthy goals.
- Low cost of entry – can be as little as $1 a day!
- You market products or services you are passionate about, yet don’t have to own
- Someone else takes care of billing and fulfillment
- The only resources you need you probably already have – a computer and Internet connection
- You create your own work schedule. It could be literally any time of the day or night.
- When you work at home, you can stay in your PJ’s.
- You are not stuck at any one location to conduct business. It is mobile.
- Your commissions are deposited directly into your bank account from your affiliate companies.
- You can create multiple income streams one after the other over time.
- Once you have an income earning website, all it will need is a few hours a week to maintain, giving you time freedom.
The 2 Sides Of The Affiliate Marketing Coin
- The Human Side – Your Niche. Content. Title. References. Testimonials (if available)
- The Technical Side – Website creation. SEO Factors. Using Internet Tools. Security
How Do You Approach These 2 Sides?
- Go it alone and pick up what you can for free online
- Listen to what your friends say they are doing
- Find experts who are willing to train you
- Join a community of entrepreneurs whom you can learn from
- Follow a proven winning formula – it is not a crap shoot
What Choice Is The Best
- How do you find these sources?
- They usually charge thousands of dollars that you probably do not have!
Don’t worry. I will provide you with a way forward that you can afford.
But first, let’s see what it takes to become an effective Affiliate Marketer. This will make it crystal clear why some companies charge so much to train you.
The Human Side
Let’s be clear right from the start what Affiliate Marketing IS NOT……..
You are not going to create a store front where you list all the products you are passionate about. Together with the pictures and the links to where you can get them.
Here’s what it IS………
Instead, you are going to write a series of captivating blogs. You start off your blog with an attention getting title, based on high ranked keywords. Then you write your blog.
You state a problem or need people have. Then go on to say how the product or service you are promoting is the best option. Features and benefits are the best way to describe the product. Use testimonials peppered in your blog. These you can find online.
Conclude with two calls to action. The first is to tell you what they think of your recommendation in the comments section of your blog. The second is to click a link or banner to take your guest (I like to think of the visitors to my site as my guests) to the source where they can learn more and purchase what they are looking for.
Note that once your guests makes a purchase, if they also place other products into their shopping cart that are not related to your blog, you get the credit for those too. This window extends to 24 hours from their first purchase.
The Technical Side
It all begins with the creation of your website. Here are the sequence of steps necessary to get started:
- Select your Domain Name and research if it is still available. If it isn’t, play around with the words till you succeed.
- After you find a Domain name you like and is available, purchase it immediately to guarantee ownership.
- Register your domain with a company that hosts websites
- Use the right tools to get the best keywords to help towards high rankings
- Use organic Search Engine Optimization in the way you write your blogs in order to get ranked high.
- Use all the free tools available to you like Google Search Console, Google Analytics and Bing Webmaster tools to help you get your blogs indexed as fast as possible, as well as to get ranked high and monitored.
- These tools will help you see where you are ranked. If it is a low rank, then what are the weak areas that need tweaking.
- Google tends to rank sites high that have demonstrated the website is an authority on the product.
- One of the requirements is to write tons of quality content on a regular basis and ask for comments.
There is another way to get ranked high. And that is to purchase Pay Per Click ads or other kinds of ads. I do not recommend going that route until you have created traffic and obtained sales the organic way. Then you can use the income generated to scale up your business by paying for these kinds of ads.
I promised you a way to get trained and have access to the best tools available to give you the best chance to succeed in the Affiliate Marketing Business. The company I highly recommend is called Wealthy Affiliate.
Why don’t you first join for free?
In this way you will have access to the whole platform. You can create two free websites that also has free hosting. Using the first 10 lessons of the Online Educational Certification that are free, you will be able to make these websites good enough to get a head start.
The other 10 free courses available are in the Affiliate Bootcamp sector. Here we are taught how to take advantage of the affiliate program within Wealthy Affiliate.
Then see if Affiliate Marketing is for you. If it isn’t, you can stay on as a free member for as long as you wish.
If it is what you truly are looking for, then you can upgrade to Premium.
For now, check out my article that goes into great depth on Wealthy Affiliate. I give you a peek inside the training platform so you can see what you get.
The Big Secret is in order to succeed three factors need to be present:
- You have a burning desire to make Affiliate Marketing work for you so you will do whatever it takes
- Since you are going to devote a good deal of time, you must have access to the best training and tools available
- It takes time to achieve the success you seek. You must have patience and be willing to accept small achievements at first that will over time, say one to two years could grow to a source of life changing passive income!
I cannot stress the third factor enough. If you embarked on a university degree course, would you expect to earn money before you completed the course? No. It would take you at least 4 years. Then you would need to get a job before you got paid.
You need to have a similar mindset when approaching the task of creating your Affiliate Marketing Business. However, you should start seeing results much sooner. Some members have had their first sale within a few months that grew into a full time income within one to two years.
Isn’t it worthwhile to do it correctly from the start to achieve a goal like that?
This is NOT a get-rich-quick method. You do have the power to achieve a full time income and more if you apply yourself. So if you need money right now, there is nothing wrong in getting and maintaining a job. Unless you are retired and have sufficient pension to finance your living expenses.
So Let’s get started by checking out my #1 recommended training platform. Wealthy Affiliate. This company was founded by two Canadian visionaries. It is located in British Columbia, Canada. The article I wrote is shown below with the links. Once there, you can access the links to the free membership sign up page.
I look forward to welcoming you on the other side!
Note: (This post may contain affiliate links, which means that if you click on a link to the Merchant’s site and purchase something I may earn a commission.The price you pay will be the same if you went to the Merchant’s site directly.)