Firstly, what is affiliate marketing? It is the process where you market products that you do not own and still earn a commission. The following diagram sums up the process in an easy to understand 4 step process.
For a more detailed explanation, check out the diagram below. A customer (1) lands on your website when they are searching for information on a product or service that coincides with your niche. They read your content (2) and click an affiliate link to the company where they purchase it (3). The company pays you a commission (4).
It all sounds so simple. But, and there is always a but, if you as an affiliate marketer didn’t set up your online business correctly, then many problems will arise, And they do.
If you happen to be a struggling affiliate marketer, I truly understand why that is. The training you got may have been insufficient in certain areas. My feeling is that they are making it more difficult than it need be.
For a video on affiliate marketing click here.
The Affiliate Marketing Process Chain
In this article I am going to define all the areas that need careful attention. Think of each area as a link in an affiliate marketing process chain.
There are 9 fundamental areas that require rigorous execution in order for your business to have even a good probability of success. It only takes weakness in one area to negatively impact your business. These how to’s are usually done sequentially. They all dovetail together to create a cohesive whole. You may come across other steps, but these are the most crucial.
The 9 How To’s Of Affiliate Marketing
- How To Select A Niche Based On One Thing You Are Passionate About
- How To Build An Affiliate Marketing Website
- How To Create Content To Promote The Products and Services In Your Niche
- How To Use Keyword Research To Rank Your Articles On The First Page Of The Search Engines
- How To Set Up Your Website Content For Search Engine Optimization
- How To Drive Traffic To Your Website And Manage It Using Funnels
- How To Use Social Media To Promote Your Content And Drive Traffic To Your Website
- How To Use Email Marketing To Build A List Of Prospects And Convert Them To Paying Customers
- How To Use Google Analytics and Google Search Console To Analyze Your Business For Success
Read the above very carefully and ask yourself how much attention have you devoted to each of these areas? Have you learned how to do all these things effectively? If not, why not?
Make a list of areas that you ARE doing correctly and those that you ARE NOT. Also, make a note of any of these areas you are not doing correctly or are confused about them.
It is OK to acknowledge any weaknesses you may have. Unless you can admit these shortcomings, you will not make the effort to improve your skills in these areas.
Success may not come your way. Not a good thing to happen. Right?
The Weakest Link
A chain is as strong as its weakest link. After you have reviewed the above steps, can you identify which links are the weakest?
Having that knowledge will put you ahead of the game. You will know where to spend more time to strengthen your affiliate marketing business structure.
You may discover that you have more than one weak link. And some may be weaker than others. That is OK. The important thing is to know what areas you will need to reinforce your knowledge and skills. Then just do it.
I am going to help you in this process. For each of these 9 steps I shall be directing you to a set of easy to understand one hour videos given my an expert in Affiliate Marketing. After going through the videos you will know exactly what you need to do to succeed. Is that fair?
Outlines To Training Video
Let me give you an outline of the training video webinars for each of the above “How To” areas
- How to Generate Niche Ideas
- Researching Products and Services In Your Niche
- Advanced Customer Research Techniques
- How to Create Viral Infographics For Your Website
- Advancing Your Authority In Your Niche
Affiliate Marketing Website
- The Fundamentals Of WordPress
- Choosing An Amazing Theme For Your Website
- Advanced WordPRess Techniques and Strategies
- Components That Make A Beautiful Website
- Integrating Key Money Elements Into A Website
- Writing Effective Content That Ranks
- Content Research Strategies
- Putting Your Content Research Into Action
- Marketing and Promoting Your Content
- Understanding The Fundamentals Of Keyword Research
- Keyword Comprehension
- How To Use Google Search Console In Keyword Research
- Researching Keywords In Your Niche
- Mastering Keyword & Market Research
Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- The Basics
- Creating A Blog Post And Optimizing It For On and Off Page SEO
- Check List
- Transitioning From Basics To Advanced SEO
Traffic & Funnels
- Fiur Core Traffic Strategies
- How To Leverage Quorfa For Traffic
- An Introduction To Funnels
- How To Get Traffic To Your Funnels
- Understanding Marketing Funnels
- Building An Audience Beyond Google
- A Primer
- Creating Amazing Pinterest Graphics
- How To Power Post Pinterest Pins
- Running Ad Campaigns
- Getting Started
- Establishing Your Instagram Brand
- Story Posting Strategies
- Automation Posting Strategies
- Intro to YouTube Marketing
- Producing, Recording and Uploading Videos
- Promoting Your Videos
- Live Streaming
- Relevency Flow
- Creating Effective Landing Pages
- Core Concepts Of Email Marketing
- Content Creation
- Creating Opt-In Pages That Convert
- Timeless Opt-In Strategies
- An Introduction
- Setting Goals
- How To Track Con\versions
- Tracking Affiliate Links
Questions For You
There are over 51 hours of video training in the above videos. Each video was created as a live webinar with extensive real time question and answer sessions. Overall they usually ran from 70 to 90 minutes.
As good as these video training sessions are, they will be of no use to you if you do not watch them. There are nine training areas involved.
- Have you had training that covered these topics before? If so, do you feel it will still be helpful to you to have additional training in these areas again?
- Will, you watch these videos and put the skills you learn into action in your affiliate marketing business?
- Would one week be enough for you to go over the 4 to 6 hours of video training?
- These courses are too valuable to give them away for free. In my next blog post on Niche, I will make you such an attractive offer you will find too good to be true. Will you provide me with your Email so that I can send you a reminder with a link to that post when it will be published? Allow a week from now (September 21, 2020)
- Please write Video Training in the subject line and send me an Email message and any comments with your first name to: email@example.com
What do you think of the topics covered in the above 9 training areas? My goal is to strengthen any weak link you may have in your affiliate marketing business. A strong chain can pull out of any problems you may currently have.
I’d love to hear from you in the comments section below.